Friday, July 31, 2009

Punjab's famous painter Amarjit singh

Art comes from heart but it needs to be deterge.It gives time to rest, peace to the soul & mentle relief to men.Tells reknowned Painter Amarjit singh who gave shape to 150 beautiful pictures of writers, poets & his imaginations along with sikh percepters.Now a days he is busy in giving shape to Guru Granth shahib's philosophy on canvas. Art gives us peace, happiness etc.

Q: What inspired you to come in this field?
Ans- Every human being have soft feelings in his heart and painting is a art which directly comes from heart. I was attracted towards this art from the childhood. But to nurture this skill one requires the Guru. My uncle Ravindrasingh Maan recognised this skill in me and inspired to go forward in this field. At that time I was in eighth standard. Under his guindance I started my work and take formal training for four to five years. After coming Bhatinda I completely got involved in painting. Here for bread and butter I started Business and paintings remains with me as my hobby.

Q: What is the importace of art, can you tell me about it?
Ans: Art has its own inportance in the world. One finds peace and moments of happiness in art. It provides us peace of mind. Whenever human doesn't take interest seven worldy arts like poetry, sculpture etc... one doesn't find emotional satisfaction.

Q: Can you describe about your important paintings?
Ans: As a painter I have made lots of paintings upto this time. It includes Bhagat Purna Singh Pighalwada, Darbar Sahab and besides this I have started work on Guru Granth Sahib. Lots have been done on Guru Granth Sahib but much has not been done on Gurubani Darshan. Hence in future I will focus on Gurubani. Also working on portraits on laurates and nearabout 150 paintings has been done on it. In this segment I have started series of portraits from Baba Farid Ji and besides work is in progress on Guru Sahibano poets, sufi poets, it includes Bulle Shah, Shah Hussain, Phajal Shah, Amruta Pritam, Gurubaksh Singh Pritladi, Shiav Kumar Batalavi, Avtarsingh Pash, Ishwarchandra Nanda etc.

Q: What inspires you to make series of paintings on Punjabi poets, laurates and sufi sants?
Ans: From the childhood literature inspired me. Though I was not able to persue higher study I had fond of reading. I consider that writers has their role in social building. They play very important role in society. I inspires from reading their literature which ultimately get gransform in paintings. In future I have plan to make series of paintings on great laurates, writers of India.

Q: What future you sees for this art? Should Government play any role in preservation and glorification of art?

And : In nineteenth century after the arrival of camera it hurts the art of paintings in great manner. Painters found options to this challage of technology and Picaso turns towards abstract art. This art has great future. Now a days painters are fetching huge money from auctions of the art. But in this process the small painters facing quite difficulty, they are struggling survival. Government doesn't have much interest in preservance of art rahter remains involved only in poliotics. Punjab government has totally neglected this issue, govt should build art mesuem and art gallery at district level. This is the best way to serve the art.

Q: During the Mumbai terror attack the Makbul Fida Hussain's portrait got damaged. Now he is reportraiting them, what do you think about it?

Ans: Terrorism is harmful for any society. This typle of act should always been criticised. It is really good that Hussain is reportraiting it.

Q: In future what is your plan about Portrait?
Ans:I think that I should work on Shriguru granth sahib's philosphy and I Started work on this.Besides this,I am planing that I made the Portrait about Punjab's litrature,Writer or Which is patrotic momemt in punjab as a kamagatamaru,Babbar Akali lahar or Jaliawala bagh's unknown Martyer.

Q: Would you like to give message for the the new generation artist so that the art culture would spread and develope?

Ans: Everyone man have to work to earn his living but art should be serve selflessly. I would like to say that artist of the new generation should contribute for the cause of art and they should work effortlessly.

Q: Have you got any award from government for your paintings and art work?
Ans: In Punjab my work has been exibited in big exibition. I have got some awards from government but the love which I got from the people is the greatest award.

Harkrishan Sharma
098939-33321
Indore(Madhya Pardesh)

No comments: